Fantastic info…and easy to apply in your daily life…well…maybe not the 10,000 steps lol
Originally posted on glamdollteaston:
1. Eat breakfast. It might seem counterproductive to eat if you’re trying to lose weight, but studies show that eating breakfast within an hour of waking up keeps your insulin levels steadier and your LDL cholesterol (the bad kind) levels lower.
- Try to eat your breakfast around the same time each day. If you tend to sleep in on the weekends, eat as soon as you wake up.
- Consider including protein and high-fiber foods in your breakfast — because they take longer to process than refined sugars and complex carbs, you’ll continue to feel full throughout the morning. Try eggs, peanut butter, and fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Avoid making sugary cereals, waffles, pancakes, french toast, breakfast pastries, or instant oatmeal the sole focus of your breakfast. If you’re going to splurge and eat something with refined sugars, try to balance it with protein or fiber.
2. Decompress. Research indicates that the secretion of cortisol (a hormone your body produces during times of stress) is correlated with an increase in belly fat. Here are some strategies for combating everyday stress:
- Get enough sleep. Most adults need at least 7 hours of sleep every night to function properly.
- Set aside time to relax. Even if it’s only 15 minutes on your lunch break, try to find time to simply close your eyes, breathe deeply, and forget your worries.
- Keep your stressors away from your sleeping area. If you can avoid it, don’t do work or anything stressful in your bedroom. Tell yourself that the area is reserved for rest and relaxation, and resolve to leave your worries behind as soon as you step into the room.